When's the next update?
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
In Fossil Corner, you're a retired paleontologist, collecting fossils and solving evolutionary puzzles in your old garage.
- Grow your dream fossil collection! Countless species are possible
- Solve chill, tactile, procedurally generated puzzles
- Retirement hasn't been easy. Use your old computer to email your friends. Maybe that'll help
- Stare out the window. Watch the leaves blow by and hear the sounds of fall
- Features an original soundtrack by Dylan Payne & Bobby Volpendesta!
Made by Brady Soglin.
If you want to share fossils with other players, check out the Discord!
Purchase comes with a Steam key!
|Tags||Casual, Cute, Incremental, Procedural Generation, Relaxing, Slice Of Life, Story Rich|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Steam, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Collect Crinoids! Play the Big Fall Update Now!Oct 07, 2021
- Big Fall Update Coming in October!Sep 16, 2021
- 1.0.5 -- Debugging!Aug 13, 2021
- Update preview + Discord ContestJul 23, 2021
- Big free update in the works!Jul 01, 2021
- 1.0.4 -- Hotfixes!Jun 18, 2021
- Fossil Corner -- hotfixes 6/13!Jun 14, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
this game soothes my soul
what did you make this in?
Great game, totally worth it!
I've been really enjoying this game! Really satisfying chill puzzles. I love the trilobite trait "stubby lil' guy" because yes he is, so cute. The sounds are nice, I like the music and also some of the ambiant neighborhood sounds. There's something cozy about a nice window view and an old imac.
I have some feedback for some small things I think might be nice.
* Sometimes a fossil looks like it could go off of multiple branches and it just won't let you put it on the "incorrect" one. Sometimes it does let you attach in the "wrong" place. Being more consistent would be nice! I like being able to put it into the wrong place and need to adjust my solution, but if others would like it to only allow you to snap to "true" lines that'd be fine with me too. I'd like if there were multiple ways to solve some of them, according to your own preference for ordering.
* One of the first colorless fossils had by the "Colorful" trait, which is hard to tell when it is grayscale sometimes. I ended up having to randomly link it to a few similar fossils until it snapped to the right one, before I noticed it had extra shading. Maybe up the contrast when they're greyscale, or maybe it's just me?
Hi! Thanks a lot for your kind words and for the feedback! To your notes:
- Could you please open the "Pause" menu and hit "Report a bug" next time you run into one of the ambiguous puzzles? The game has a system that is supposed to detect those and fix them, but it could be broken, or missing something!
- Good suggestion re: the increased contrast
Thanks again! :)